On 7-8 December 2017, in Paris, the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) holds its third and final international conference this year on the topic of “The Synergy and Divergence between Civil Law and Common Law in International Arbitration from both a European and American angle”.
This unique occasion will gather together a wealth of highly respected speakers, including Lord Keen of Elie QC, Lord Goldsmith QC PC, Lord Neuberger of Abbotsbury, Judge Nicolas von Werdt, and many more.
Members of the judiciary, arbitrators, senior practitioners and academics will be among those providing insight on the following topics:
- The Role of Legislation in Developing and Sustaining an Arbitration Friendly Seat
- What the Client Wants: Strategic Choices in Drafting Arbitration Agreements
- The Perspective from Arbitral Institutions on Building the Synergy between Civil and Common Law
- The Art of Advocacy: The Civil and Common Law Styles
- Civil-Common Law Divergence and Convergence: The Telecommunications and New Technologies Case Study
- The New Global Order and Arbitration
- Judicial Intervention, Perceptions and Reactions: The Civil and Common Law Approaches
- Arbitrators: The Civil and Common Law Styles
- The Civil-Common Law Dichotomy: Practical Solutions to Current Problems
More information and registration at the CIArb website.